The Mighty Animal Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxi Philosophy

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Taxi Philosophy - Page 2 Empty Re: Taxi Philosophy

Post by MAK Neko Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:17 pm

Recollecting and analyzing his memories of the old world, the Puppet Master concluded, "If there is some connection, I think it would predate me meeting Lily. After we met, our lives and experiences bled into one another - if something happened in my life, she knew about it, and vice-versa." "There still remains the possibility that the woman was just a passerby. But if it does predates us meeting, and it is a grudge she's holding, that's a bit too ridiculous to want to believe." However, he was in agreement with keeping an eye on Lily.

MAK Neko

Back to top Go down

Post by Zou Sama Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:01 am

"So, our first step is finding Lily, then?"

Zou Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by MAK Neko Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:23 pm

"Not exactly finding, as in I know where she is. If you want to go meet with her now, we can. Otherwise, we can blunder around for a while and hope we find something - and then go meet with her when she gets home."
The Puppet Master provided options, yet seemed more interested in the latter. Nevertheless, allowing the Witch to decide.

MAK Neko

Back to top Go down

Post by Zou Sama Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:40 pm

"If we were to, as you say, 'blunder around', what would we be doing? I mean, are we grabbing lunch somewhere, going to a movie, doing community service, sitting on a park bench and just watching people?" The Last Witch was a little annoyed. It sounded like her accomplice had already been defeated. She knew this wasn't the case, but still...
"I'm sure neither of us need reminding that time is not our friend."

Zou Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by MAK Neko Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:44 pm

"While time is of the essence, we should also remember that time isn't exclusive to us. You and I may have some higher purpose that necessitates the appropriate usage of time, but everyone else still exists and has a purpose to fulfill of their own. By blunder about, I don't mean we stay stationary. We should become more familiar with the environment - starting within the city, and then extending out. That way, if things turn south before the 21st, we may have some edge over others. So I suggest we walk and keep a sharp eye on where we're going."
Pausing for another moment, he pried his wallet from his back pocket before indicating for the driver to stop.
"If you want me to get Lily down here, fine then." Along with his wallet, he held his phone, should the witch give the word.

MAK Neko

Back to top Go down

Post by Zou Sama Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:34 pm

The Witch paused for a moment at that. People, jobs, there lives... It wasn't that she didn't know about it all, she just forgot. She wasn't exactly the oldest Witch. Simply the last. And the purpose that gave her existence wasn't really one the kind that would require knowledge of jobs. She would have to make an active effort to remember that these people all had lives, and none of them knew what was coming.

"I suppose the scout comes before the flag-barer." She said, her cadence slower than before. She felt guilty for getting annoyed.
"So... Where do we get the best lay of the land? I take it phones and GPS systems aren't going to be too much help when it hits the fan?"

Zou Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by MAK Neko Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:40 pm

"Yeah, phones and navigators were cut on the 21st, making them useless. Also making survival somewhat more of a chore." The car came to a halt and the Puppet Master paid the fare. "We'll start here for now and slowly survey the surrounding areas." The duo got out and crossed the road towards the shopping plaza.
The place was crowded with people - all going about their business in the midday sun. They walked several yards into the plaza; maintaining a fixating gaze.

MAK Neko

Back to top Go down

Post by Zou Sama Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:45 am

The Witch looked around her. Pizza place, cafe, another cafe, milk bar, another cafe... Humanity wasn't exactly one for variety.
She saw a couple yelling at each other, a couple yelling at a screen, a group laughing at some clearly hilarious joke. Over there, a rather disgruntled woman and (The Witch assumed) her child being a brat. There were people on dates, people just out for lunch, shopping...

"How do people find each other?" she asked her companion.

Zou Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by MAK Neko Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:17 pm

"What do you mean by find each other?" he asked, puzzled by the question. "As in, how do people coexist despite diversity - or something else?"
His eyes traced the scenes the witch's passed over, hoping to find a clue to the meaning.

MAK Neko

Back to top Go down

Post by Zou Sama Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:43 pm

The Witch looked at her charge.
"So you walk into an area like this, planning to meet with a friend... How do you spot the other person with all this?" She waved her arm at the mass of people.
"I mean, sure you can recognize their hair color and style, shape of their face, clothes they often wear... But how do you see any of that with this many people? Somehow you manage to do it."

Zou Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by MAK Neko Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:30 pm

"Ah," he said simply. "Well, there is that persistence - that 'nothing will happen if I don't find them' attitude that a lot of people have. Also communication through devices makes it a lot easier... which I imagine you know. But even with this many people, it's not like they won't carry on with their business anytime soon."
Before his attention was drawn to it, he hardly noticed the features of the people he was passing - choosing to focus on behaviours within the environment. The Witch's approach to the crowds amused him slightly.
"Ever seen those films where there's an apocalypse and the heroes find their way to a shopping centre - only to find others have that same idea?" Before the Witch could reply, he stared ahead grimly and simply commented, "When things turned south, not many made it here - even if they did, all that was waiting was a bloodbath."

MAK Neko

Back to top Go down

Post by Zou Sama Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:04 pm

"So what was your approach, then? You clearly survived somehow." She poked him as if to imply he might not be real.
"You make it here? Found some remote patch of land in the Boonies? Stayed in your home and just watch?"

Zou Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by MAK Neko Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:25 pm

"Our survival came above anyone else's. If there was anyone else around, our survival could easily be compromised - so it remained the two of us. To that end, we ran and never looked back."
The pair weaved their way through a crowd gathered near the steps leading further into the plaza.
"If you wanted to live, you needed to accept that the way the world worked had changed. If you failed to grasp that, you'd die. And yet somewhat unreasonable as a point, we were lucky. We were able to evade death for so long by running - from the world and the war."
The Puppet Master looked to the Witch, anticipating further questions or comments, and also ensuring she had made it through the crowd.

MAK Neko

Back to top Go down

Post by Zou Sama Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:05 pm

The Witch avoided looking at his eyes. She could see that she might be toeing a line, or getting close to doing so. As curious as she was, it would be best not to piss off the person she was to work with for the next month at the shortest. She would save questions on that topic for when they needed answering...

She cleared her throat and looked around.

"So... We headed in any particular direction?"

Zou Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by MAK Neko Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:33 am

"No particular direction. We need knowledge of resources that may aid in fixing the situation. And so, that is why we're starting here. While I said the chances of survival are slim - even slimmer when you reach this place, there might be things here that would be able to help us."
He glanced around for a directory - spotting one on the opposite end of the hall.
"What we need..." he began as they reached it, "Is a map of this place and surrounding areas so we can make notes. Notes of where all the 'useful' resources are, where would be pointless to go, any short-cuts. Stuff like that. When we finish analysis of this place, we'll extend our range."
He handed the witch a fold-out paper map and a pen, before taking a second map for himself.
The Witch took a second to find their position on the map and began cross-examining between the map and the observable world.

MAK Neko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum